I started my working carrier as a clerk - Qasim


Presidential Candidate and Leader of Jumhoory Party (JP) have said that he commenced his working carrier as a clerk in Government Hospital.

Speaking at the ceremony held at artificial beach to kick start his campaign for the forthcoming presidential elections, Qasim said that he lost his mother just 39 after he born and that he spent the first 10 years of life with his grandmother. He also said that he worked at various jobs in the atolls before coming to Male’ to get an education. Qasim said he started his working carrier in 1960 after completing his education.

“I came to Male’ in a very poorly state, just like many others who come to Male’ from the atolls, after completing my studies, I joined Government Hospital in 1960 as a Clark, after which I tried various other jobs ; I started my business nearly 33 years ago” JP leader Qasim said.

Qasim said that as part of his business activities he has had the opportunity to travel to many countries and that he has seen and experienced the many differences between Maldives and most other countries.

“I have seen and experienced the shortcomings in the medical and welfare services provided to the people, the great difficulties the citizens are faced in providing an education to their sons and daughters, in seeking employment, which is why I standing here today proposing my agenda for reform and change , changes for the greater benefit of the people” Qasim said.

JP’s leader Qasim confessed that he has a self interest in contesting the elections.”My self interest is to serve the people, to facilitate the change desired by the citizens, to eliminate all barriers to the development of the country and its people” Qasim said.

Qasim said prior to August 7 this year, the country’s affairs was handled to suit a single person or a single family. Qasim said one of the main objectives of his reform agenda is to change that. He called on the people to elect him as their next president.

Comments